Generation Google Scholarship (Asia Pacific)
Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive $1,000 USD for the 2021-2022 school year. Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance. The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women interested in computer science to apply.
Who can apply?
- Identify as female
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be a 1st year or 2nd year student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in one of the following Asia Pacific countries/regions:
- Southeast Asia+ : Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
- Be studying computer science, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Responses to two short essay questions (Refer below)
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post application deadline)
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. 1st year students compared to other 1st year students).
Register Now: Click Here (Google Scholarship)